Pages

Monday 1 June 2020

My hobby, my life

Link

I've been reflecting these past couple of days. I put my languages on hold. I wanted to think about how I was doing them, why I was doing them.

And it came to me that I'm doing them as a hobby. That how I wish to treat them. I don't want to do them seriously. Not to prove a point. Not to read a goal. Not to impress. Not to break records. But just for fun. Just to enjoy them. Just to enter a state of flow.

That's how I plan to treat my whole life. That's how I used to as a kid. But then life got 'serious'. It became important. Time to earn a living now. No more fooling around. You've got to get down to it.

I reject that approach. I now see that it was wrong. So for me it's back to regarding my life as a pastime, as a game, like performance art, in a sense. The word 'hobby' is as near as I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment