Pages

Saturday 18 April 2020

Polish - 18 April


I've been doing Polish since January. I've accumulated between 700 and 800 short sentences, together with their English translations. And all from the one Jack Reacher novel: Jednym strzalem. But the thing is, I'm hardly gaining any traction, I feel. It's those damned consonant clusters!

So I'll try to make use of Neri Rook pictured above. I trust that it will help me get a stronger grip.

Neri Rook has a series of books, compiled with the aid of word frequency software. He has books in dozens of languages for sale online. He feeds in authentic texts and scans sentences to determine their average frequency score, obtained from ranked word frequency lists. It appears to be a quick way to get a grounding in almost any language.

The weird thing, though, is that English - as a language- is not included.

No comments:

Post a Comment